Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Not so happy birthday.

Today is your birthday. What do birthdays really mean? Hopefully a celebration of another year of life of lessons learned, memories created, new friends, old friends and everything else in between. I say most importantly another year given to you to grow up. Hopefully this is the case for you, especially you. For the past 2 yrs after we broke up. I waited for this day, this night. Where hopefully I would be the first person to sing you a song, send you a text. Help you see that I still cared. But last night was different. Last night I didn't wait for today. I didn't sing you a song or send you a text. Not because I didn't care. Not because "I have a boyfriend" but because I didn't want to be that girl anymore. See I am different. Times are different. I love me. With my whole heart and I refuse to jeopardize my love for myself for someone as selfish as you. I refuse to fall into that category again. Maybe you noticed or maybe you didn't. But you as well as I do know that you waited for this day too. You wait for this day because it's the only day out of the whole year that you have a chance to jump at things. I'm tired of chances and I'm tired of giving them to you because every year for my birthday I waited for you to sing me a song or send me a text. Yet I never received either. Happy birthday to you. Peace and love kids.


xSigned___JNF. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment