Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Like a Phoenix..

Hi! (Nervously wave while trying to dust the cobwebs off my keyboard) I've been gone for far too long and for no good reason at all. There's never a good reason for me to be away from my first true love this long, ever. But like all things once I stray from my passions because of everyday life I always find my way back.

So here I am...

I would give you the super long story which is filled with sorrow, tears, stress, misfortune and yada yada but I rather not. So I'm going to give you the uplifting and liberating version of it.

This year has been long and tiring filled with all of the above yet it has been rewarding and life changing. It consisted of so much personal, spiritual and emotional growth that if i grow in those aspects anymore I swear I will burst into flames, simmer down into ashes and be born again just like a Phoenix.

That's how I feel. That's how this whole year has felt. Out of my misfortune I found growth and freedom. Out of my tears I found strength and joy. Out of my strife I found change. It has been a whirlwind of things but I couldn't have gotten through it without God and my amazing support system. Those are the two most important things in my life and after all I've been through I am so much more grateful for then existing in my life.

I used to take them for granted so much, always telling myself they would always be there. Which don't get me wrong they will but with that comes a sense of ungratefulness. I didn't want that for my life anymore and I felt I had to change before it was too late so I did. Life is so much more rewarding when you realize the true value of something.

So to the real lowdown to things...

I found a job! Yes I did after searching high and low.
No it's not a big time corporate job. Yes it is a job at a restaurant.
Wait before you go and judge me hear me out. It has been a rewarding opportunity. God never fails to amaze me. I have met some amazing people and some people that have tested my character to say the least. It's been an experience that I will very much share with my kids and grandkids. It's so amazing to learn new things and I never envisioned myself working at a restaurant, specially after college. However, here I am making the best of it day by day.

I have also put YouTube on hold. I just didn't want to be debby downer while filming. And plus I just wanted to be in a much better state of mind. Anyways I have a renewed sense of self and life and I feel much better about taking life as it comes, one day at a time.

I'm sorry for being gone for so long.
Thank you for listening.
I love you.
Jamie F.

No comments:

Post a Comment