Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer 2010.

It's funny how one summer can change everything. It must be
something about the heat and the smell of chlorine, fresh cut
grass and honeysuckle, asphalt sizzling after late-day thunderstorms,
the steam rising while everything drips around it. Something about
long, lazy days and whirring air conditioners and bright plastic
flip flops from the drugstore thwacking down the street. Something
about fall being so close, another year, another Christmas, another
beginning. So much in one summer, stirring up like the storms that
crest at the end of each day, blowing out all the heat and dirt to
leave everything gasping and cool. Everyone can reach back to one
summer and lay a finger to it, finding that exact point when
everything changed.
-Sarah Dessen, That Summer


When I read this my whole summer flashed through my eyes. All the
good things that happened, all of the bad things that happened.
All of the new people I met and made memories with. All of my old
friends I got to hang out with and made new memories with. All of
the tears I cried. All of the smiles I cracked. All of the restless
nights. All of those shorts and hoodies nights. All of the bathing
suits I wore. All of the beaches and pools I went to. All of the
bbq's I enjoyed. All of the money I spent recklessly. All of the
pictures I took and didn't take. All of the adventures I encountered.
I wouldn't trade this summer for the world! And as it is coming to a
close I would love to thank God for absolutely everything that has
happened this summer. Summer 2010, you'll forever be my favorite
memory. ♥


xSigned___JNF. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment