Monday, April 16, 2012

Take me as I am or watch me as I go.

I am a strong, difficult, loving, emotional, cold, impulsive, sweet, understanding, warm, strong-headed woman. That I can't change. That is me in a nut-shell. That will always be me.

I am in a relationship. A beautiful relationship. (Surprise, surprise! :D) However, this doesn't mean that I HAVE to change who I am. Are there compromises? Of course!

Now I'm writing this because someone dear & close to me said the following: "I'm happy for you, I just don't want you to change." Let's clear something up, the only thing a man would EVER be able to change about ME is my last name. (Yea I said it!)

I proceeded to tell this person that just because I was in a relationship it didn't mean that I was going to change my demeanor. I'm perceived as the independent woman that isn't willing to take shit from a man by my girlfriends and now that I'm in a relationship they feel as if that's going to change. I can assure you, whomever you are that is reading this, that that will not be. I will always stand for my rights, whether I am in a relationship or not. & if a relationship is making you second think that then you are in the wrong relationship. I will always be the woman that I was made to be. I will always be the woman life has molded me to be. I will always stay true to myself and my beliefs and NO relationship, no matter how beautiful it is, is going to change me. Whether this belief system offends you or not is none of my business. I just want to make it clear that I'll always be the woman to set my foot down when something isn't right. I'll always be the woman to speak-up when I feel something isn't right, that'll never change.

XO!

xSigned___JNF. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment