Friday, March 11, 2011

Matters of the heart.

"Master, the man I loved was totally dishonest," she explained to him one day, as she thought of Finn.
"If he was dishonest, he was a great lesson for you," the swamiji answered her after a long pause for thought. "We are always better than before when those we love inflict wounds on us. They make us stronger, and when you forgive him, you will no longer feel the scars." She was aware still that she did feel them, along with the regrets. And part of her still loved him. Her memories of the early days were the hardest to give up. She was more than willing to forget the pain. "You must thank him for the pain, deeply, sincerely. He gave you a great gift," the swamiji told her.


This is from a book I just finished reading today by Danielle Steel (my favorite author) called "Matters of the Heart" it was an amazing book but besides that this resounded profoundly within me because it reminds me so much of me and my first love. I believe in this with my whole heart and I just wanted to share it with you.


xSigned___JNF. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment